Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Monday, December 20, 2010

Days Sixteen and Seventeen - Keeping up as best as I can!





As I write this, my dear husband is baking cookies. This is his first time ever. We decided we would bake Christmas cookies together this year, and it has been very nice. We didn't even fight over the measuring spoons!


Day Sixteen is a little trip down Memory Lane for me. These two tiny ornaments were on my Grandparent's tree when I was a little girl. I have no idea where they came from, or how old they could be. They are at least 45 years old (that's how far back I can recall). They are fragile and kind of tatty, but I love them dearly. Or maybe I just love the memory dearly. The paper is from Graphic45. I embellished it with Stickles. It opens up like a door, and I used some book making tape that is actually hinged. I got it years ago, knew I'd use it someday. The letters are punched out of cardstock and, yup, covered with Stickles. (Confession: They were supposed to appear on Day 13, but they were too big.)

Day Seventeen is actually a card I made at class on Friday using Copic markers. I'm still trying to get the hang of shading. It's slow going, but there is nothing better than colouring to calm your mind. Lucky for me, the class used more Jovial paper, so it fits right in. (We won't get into the part where there was a 20% off sale for class participants, and what that meant to my chequing account.) The flower is fussy cut and layered.

Update: I've replaced my shoes and gym clothes, and now am hoping that the person who took mine had a real need for them. I haven't forgotten, but I forgive you.

Until next time....





No comments:

Post a Comment