Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day Four - Lights, Camera, Action!



We were very clever this year, and put up our Christmas lights on a dry day in November, avoiding the damp and chill and numb hands that come with a December house lighting session. And on December 1, the Christmas lights were turned on, and it all looked great. Until yesterday. Suddenly, one string decided to go out (and I don't mean on the town, either).
Now I'm all for new technology and saving enery, but I must tell you I don't really care for these new LED Christmas lights. They're not as bright, and the indoor ones make my eyes feel funny if I look at them for too long. And, if the lights don't work - well, you just throw the whole thing away and buy a new one, because you can't change the bulbs! (Somehow that seems wasteful to me..... aren't they supposed to be enery saving?)
So yesterday I went out and BOUGHT A NEW STRING OF LIGHTS, and here is my dear husband taking down the old strand and putting up the new.
This is a pretty simple page, but I must admit this paper was NOT IN MY STASH, I got it a couple of days ago on a little shopping expedition. Couldn't resist, and I'm glad I didn't. The foliage part is fussy cut, embelished with gel pens and stickles, and layered over top of the background and photo. I was very brave and actually journaled on the background.... I practiced this a couple of times before I did the real thing! I was also contemplating a title, maybe something like " Rigging up the lights" but the jury's still out on that one too.
Until tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment