Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day Eight - Wishing you Peace (and Quiet!)



Confession - it was all I could do to get this page done. I thought I was getting a jump on the holidays, but apparently I am not. I suddenly realized my cards are not done, the tree is safely tucked in it's box in the CLOSET OF NO RETURN, the gifts are not all wrapped (or purchased)yet, the Christmas menu is still in the mystery stage - and I felt very overwhelmed.
And then I thought, I just need to Peace Out. (Is that a saying? I think it could be. Or at least it should be.) I made this a simple page, no photo, no journalling, just a peaceful sitting, cutting up pretty paper and gluing braid and flowers onto the page. I felt better after this, and I thought, " So what if the Christmas cards don't get mailed til New Years? Okay, gift bags are a viable replacement for fancy wrapping paper. And if the tree doesn't get put up this year...." Alright. That's one thing that must happen!
Wishing you a Peaceful day, with a Silent night (in our house, that means no coughing - someone has a nasty cold). Until tomorrow (or the next day, depending on how things go).....
(Now, if I could just figure out why this darn blog isn't spacing my paragraphs.....)

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great post. Good for your mental health and a beautiful page too!

    ReplyDelete