Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Dad




It has been some time since I posted on this blog, and I wish I could say that I have been hard at work creating some really beautiful things, but unfortunately the truth is I've just been hard at work. And I mean real work, the stuff where I actually get paid to perform tasks I'd rather not.


Anyway, this is the last portrait page in my Revelstoke book, meaning I am ALMOST FINISHED. The photo is of my father, Ken, in his army uniform. I don't know the date, but he looks pretty young, so I'm guessing he's about 19 years old here. He joined up in 1939, not long after the war started. He never did go overseas, for which I know my mother was thankful for.


I have to confess that this page is not quite finished, I realized as I was uploading the pictures that I had forgotten to add the rub-on letters for his name. Guess I'll be doing that when I finish this post. Think I'll add a little swirl stamp as well.


Well my NEXT PROJECT is looming on the horizon (actually, it's sitting out on the bed in my scrapbooking room). I'm going to make another travel journal for an upcoming trip. The colours are going to be tropical (I'll have to control myself not to distress them down!), and the style is going to be gatefold. I'm quite excited to start on it.
Until next time....



No comments:

Post a Comment