Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Survived the Cutting of the Paper!


After a week of cutting, micro-deciding and one or trips to the scrapbooking store to get yet ANOTHER COLOUR or two of Bo Bunny paper, here are the papers that are going to be in the Caribbean gatefold album.




This is what the front of the album will look like. Well, not exactly this colour. It's going to be a turquois microdot, and the paper will be mounted on thin chipboard. Also, I hope to actually have the flowers and other embellishments glued on.



The next picture gives you an idea of how the book will open. The two 6"x9" microdot pages will open each side, revealing the large (9x12") main page of Webster's pages. The journalling will be attached to the back of the micodot. When you turn the large page, there is going to be a microdot page attached to the back to give it stability, and tone down some of the Webster's pages. Love the fronts, but I gotta tell you, some of the back pages are kind of LOUD. I thought about having the large pages glued onto chipboard, but I think that will make the album too thick. The large pages will open alternating from the right and left sides of the book.


I am sure this is going to take some tweaking. I may need to trim some of the pages, so they close properly once I bind it. My next task is going to be to glue the Bo Bunny microdot to the backs of the big pages. But first, I think I may need to go out and buy some more glue sticks....

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment