Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Friday, February 11, 2011

Grandma Gertie



This is probably the wedding photo of my grandparents. I don't have many photos of Gertrude (or Gertie, as I understand she was called by her loved ones), as she died about 3 years after her marriage to my grandfather, and the births of her two children. Gertie has been a MYSTERY to me, there is very little known of her, as she died so young, and I don't think that Grandpa Charlie told his children much about her, as my father didn't speak often of her, except she was a war bride, born in Ramsgate, England. I imagine that as a war bride in WW1 she had to travel very light, and as a result I have no photos or letters or other bits of family remembrance from her people. I did make contact with the decendants of one of Gertie's brothers, but they also had little information about her, except that she had gone to Canada and died there at a young age.


The papers are similar to Charlie's page, once again using Graphic 45 Transatlantic. The flower is constructed from Tim's (I'm on a first name basis now!) Tattered Florals, and the swirl stamp is from Stampington and Co.


I finished one fingerless MITTEN today, I have been working on it for about a year now. So hopefully I can get the second one done by next winter. I like to knit, but I am quite slow at it, and with a few OBSTRUCTIONS (e.g. pattern being wrong - 2 restarts until I realized it wasn't me; cats helping tangle the yarn; attempting to multi-task while knitting - i.e. breathe and knit) it takes me forever to complete any projects.


Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment