Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Oh Deer, and other things I have said




I was pondering how I was going to number my pages (and I swear I wasn't trying to think of ways to make MORE WORK FOR MYSELF), when my eye wandered over to the pile of Basic Grey "Jovial" paper, and I saw the cute reindeers on the Nordic sheets. I could just imagine them on the corner of the page, with a number on them, and maybe some white swirls behind. Fantastic!




Well, fantastic idea or not, I wasn't really thinking about how much fussy cutting, inking and gluing (those spindley little legs are a bit of a pain, I have to tell you!) those deers were going to take. And then I had to take it a step further and add Stickles onto the wreaths and bows....




I made up the first deer, and in my excitement of how cool this was going to look, glued her in place, forgetting the part about stamping a white swirl behind. Oops. And that's another thing. I have white ink, and I once again told myself how clever I was to be USING UP WHAT I HAVE ON HAND, until I realized that the ink was dry, and I would have to break my rule again about buying supplies for this album. So I just bought a little ink, rationalizing I would be usuing it for other UP-COMING PROJECTS.




The numbers are cut using my Squeeze, and the "Eliza" font. I think the 2 looks pretty good. However, 1 is going to be a bit of a challenge. Depending on where I place it, the deer either appears to have a 5th leg, a very long tail, or has been speared. I'll have to work on that.




That's it for now....

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through the December Daily and signed up to follow. Your work is beautiful and I am so glad you are blogging so I can see it and be inspired.

    ReplyDelete