Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Monday, November 22, 2010

The Herd is Complete!

Here they are, my little deers -



Over the last 2 days, I have been cutting, inking and stickling these 31 little creatures. I've had a lot of time to think about things, and the prevailing thought has been that I must be crazy. It's one thing to prepare one deer, but 31?

I also stamped my white swirl on the pages, it's quite subtle (TRANSLATION: it only shows up in certain light, or if the page is tilted just so), if you look you can see it in the third picture. This turned out to be more time-consuming that I first thought. Pigment ink takes a very long time to dry. I couldn't dry the images with my heat gun, because the pages were already glued to the chipboard, and if there's one thing I've learned, its heat guns + glue = warping. (I have a set of encyclopedias from 1967. No one reads them, I just keep them for pressing things, like warped pages).

So the foundation pages are now complete, I have 8 days to bide my time until I can start my daily decorating. This should be ample time to figure out what I'm going to put on page 1. I hope.

Until I decide to embellish something else...

No comments:

Post a Comment