Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Beginning - Creating the Covers

I am starting this blog to detail the progress of my "December Daily" book. I am not a regular blogger (thus the very plain looking blog!), I am not a designer for a paper, stamp or die company, I am not a teacher of scrapbooking or cardmaking. I am just a regular person, trying to make something pretty.



I have already begun my book, with the idea that I would USE WHAT I HAVE AT HOME. Besides being a regular person, I am one who enjoys collecting paper, stamps, embellishments, etc., always with the good intention of using them on an upcoming project (that more than likely remains in the "up-coming" stage indefinitely). So I thought this would be a great way to use up some the stuff I have been accumulating.



I had recently bought a Stampington magazine, Stampers Sampler, and saw a lovely idea for a mini album on the cover. I had some chipboard, some old sheet metal (that has been in my stash for about 10 years now) and an embossing folder that I could make do with. The album would have to be a 6" x 6", because I only had enough sheet metal for that size. I was actually going to USE WHAT I HAD! No trips out to the store to find just the right lace or emblishment, I sorted thru my stuff and found ribbon from an old project, lace from the sewing box, flowers and a metal frame that I had recently bought for other "up-coming" projects, and some Christmas chipboard pieces that I bought last year on a whim.

So here it is, The Cover -



To be continued...

3 comments: