Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Get ready, get set.....


Over the last few days, I have been quite busy (read: obsessed) with what exactly I am going to put in the December Daily book. Photos, journaling, some stamped images colours with my new Copics, die cuts - the list goes on and on. I've been sorting my Christmassy stuff (my room looks like a cyclone went through it) and getting lots of ideas. More than I need, likely. Oh yes, I've cut out swirls and journaling tags, practiced tying ribbon into bows, fussy cut more flowers - I'm ready and waiting for December to greet me tomorrow!

And now, I have a little confession to make. Okay, it's a big one.

I'm almost finished Day One.

There, I said it. It all started out quite innocently. I thought to myself, "Hmm, I wonder how long it will take each day to do a page?" Then I reasoned I'd do a practice run, so I'd know how much time I need to set aside each day. Three days later, Day One was just about done, all it needs is a photo and some journaling.

I admit I feel a little guilty, but I'm glad I did it, because I had a hunch each page was going to take me more than one day (this is related to my OBSESSING OVER MINUTE DETAILS, and simple ideas EVOLVING INTO SOMETHING MORE). It is going to be a real challenge for me to keep myself in check, and on schedule to finish this book by Dec 31. Otherwise, it may not get completed until next summer!

I'm not going to tell you about my shopping trip last week and the paper and stamps I bought... one confession a day is enough!

Until December 1st....

No comments:

Post a Comment