Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Thursday, October 20, 2011

New Baby Card


We are invited to a baby shower this weekend. (Notice the "we". It seems now that men are included in these once "ladies only" parties. Not that I mind. I just wonder how the men are coping.)

I realized that I either had to make or buy a card. And since I have an abundance of PAPER, I thought it had better the latter. Besides, it gives me an excuse to go and buy more paper to replenish my dwindling stash. (Insert a "wink" here.)

It didn't take long to find this paper, once again, Graphic 45. This is the Springtime line, and it has these very cute post card sized pictures, one of which I cut out and pasted in place. A bit of trim and fussy-cutting of flowers and microscopic butterflies and I was done. (Of course, I have neglected to tell you about the time spent agonizing over card stock colour, flower placement, and the exact wording of the inside sentiment. )


I really like this card. I'm glad I have a picture of it, because I'm getting separation anxiety already. At least I know it's going to a good home, where it will be appreciated. I'm a bit funny that way, I don't like giving handmade cards to people that don't understand the BS&T (blood, sweat and tears) that go into them. I hate the thought of my creations (not to mention the EXPENSIVE embellishments that often go on them!) going into the recycling bin.

So if you get a card from me, I know you're going to keep it for a while, or at the very least, take off that embellishment and re-use it on a card back to me!

Until next time....












No comments:

Post a Comment