Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Aloha!



We are now home from our vacation, and two guesses where we were, I cannot believe how fast time passes when you are enjoying yourself!


Needless to say, there has not been a whole lot of paper crafting going on around here. I did make a lovely travel journal, which I wrote in diligently every night on our trip (even if it was 1 o'clock in the morning!). I took some scissors and adhesives, and added little bits and pieces as I went, but I think the journal is too structured, and I need to add my photos before I go too crazy with pasting in the ticket stubs and memorabelia I collected.


We were on a cruise to Hawaii (there's your answer!), and I was thrilled to discover they had scrapbooking classes on board. They even gave us free kits! Naturally I attended as many as I could.


Once in Hawaii, I was hoping to find a scrapbooking store or two, but I think we were in the touristy areas, and I couldn't find any. I had the address of one that was within walking distance to our hotel in Waikiki, but unfortunately they had closed down. There were quite a few quilting stores, however, and lots of galleries with paintings and sculpture, so I was able to get my "art fix" that way.


And now, back to reality (and work). I am hoping to be a good girl and get some of my journals completed. I have THREE waiting for me to finish them!


Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment