Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hawaii Journal


I thought I should post a picture of my Hawaii Journal, I would like to show you the inside as well, but there is not much to see except my scrawl.

The paper is Graphic 45 (my favourite!), the Transatlantique line. I bound it use Zutter's Bind-it-All. And now, a note about that. Well, I had bought these nice thick covers (also from Zutter), and wouldn't you know it, they don't fit in the Bind-it-All (darn-it-all!) machine. Turns out they fit in the NEW model of the Bind-it-All, and I have the OLD model. So I had to take the paper off the covers, punch everything separately, and glue it back together.

I had bought the biggest binding coils that Zutter makes, but they are still not big enough for the covers and my pages. I may have to remove some of the pages so it closes properly.

NOTE TO SELF: Next time I make covers, they are going to be made from nice thin cereal boxes.

The other thing I was going to do, was collect some sand from the beach at Waikiki, I even took along one of those cute little glass containers that Tim Holtz makes. I wondered about taking sand across the border, and if there was some law against it. But it didn't matter in the end, because I forget to collect the sand.

I did remember to go to the post office to get a stamp, but since Hawaii is part of the USA, they didn't have any stamps that looked "Hawaiian". So I ended up getting a stamp with a ship on it, that had visited Hawaii at one time. Close enough.

Well, I have to go now. My precious husband is home, and we have a date to go to the gym. We're still working on losing the extra pounds we gained on the cruise ship. I blame the cookies!

Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment