Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Saturday, November 5, 2011

What was that Crash?

Unfortunately, that crash you didn't hear was my computer. Yes, after 5 years of somewhat faithful service, the computer hard drive packed it in. I knew as soon as I saw the BLACK SCREEN with the words "Insert reboot disk" and some other technical jargon that I didn't understand, that something very bad was happening to my electronic friend.
Luckily, I had made a back up of my files in September, so there were only a few things lost in the computer's brain. We did try to retrieve the data, but alas the drive was totally cooked and nothing could be saved. (Let this be a lesson to one and all - back up your computer!)
We had to buy a new computer, and that involved moreTECHNICAL TALK that mostly went over my head. We paid the nice young man at the store to set up the computer for us, so we only had to plug in the computer once we got home with it. Of course, what we weren't thinking about was the new operating system, Windows 7 (which, I am told, is going to be out of date in about 30 seconds). I'm not sure how it works, or where things are hidden, and I feel rather impatient about having to learn a new system. What was wrong with my old XP?
So there are no photos with this post, because there are none on this computer, and I don't know how to put any on it yet. I have to introduce my camera to the computer, and I'm not sure if they'll get along or not. I've not had any time to make anything pretty out of paper either, as I have been busy dealing with my computer woes.
Okay, that's not entirely true. I got a 2012 Basic Grey Calendar, and actually finished January. I didn't do any extra embellishing, I keep a chant going in my head when I am tempted to add some ribbon or glitter to it... "Get it done! Get it done!"
Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment