Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Monday, November 14, 2011

We Have Pictures!

I am getting accustomed to Windows 7, have managed to download my photo software, and can now put pictures on my blog. (I do, however keep getting a message about "compatibility issues", which I ignore and hope will resolve on its own).

Anyway, I made this card today for a friend, it's her birthday, and I woke up thinking, "Oh no, I forgot to make a card!"
"No problem," said my optimistic side, "you have lots of paper and stuff to make a great card. Shouldn't even take you that long."
And it was true, I have lots of nice paper and I am capable of thinking up a card design. So I put this together, and then looked at the clock, and realized close to 2 hours had passed.

TWO HOURS? To make a card? There is a certain magazine I like to look at, that has a section called "Take Ten", and they give you card ideas that take about 10 minutes to make. Obviously, I should have looked there first.

Anyway, if you want to save yourself some time and make this card, I used a Making Memories card base (it's really old, not sure if they even make them anymore), Crafty Secrets image, and Cosmo Cricket paper. There's a bit of lace and ribbon, and a brad in the middle of the flower on the flap. You can't really see it, but I put Stickles (black) in the middle of the flower as well.

Probably, if I had to make this card again, it would only take 15 or 20 minutes. Not quite ready for "Take Ten", but getting there!


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment