Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Monday, January 31, 2011

Return to Revelstoke



I am happy to report that the Basic Grey calendar has now been COMPLETED, only a month late! I controlled my embellishing urges, so that made things go faster as well.

I started this book last year, it is a TRAVEL JOURNAL for a genealogy road trip my darling husband and I made last June, trying to find out more about my dad's family. The papers are from Graphic 45, plus some cardstock I had around the house. You can't see it in this photo, but the clock face has been covered twice with Glossy Accents. The metal bits are from Mr. Holtz (we all know which Mr. Holtz we are talking about, don't we?), as are the Distress Inks.

The journaling was all done during the trip, and now I am adding the photos - some of the trip, and some of my dear ancestors. I never met either of my paternal grandparents, they both passed away before I was born.

Hopefully I can keep on task with this project, and get it DONE before my next trip, for which I am planning another journal. I will try to keep things fairly simple, and not get carried away with too much bling, etc. Oh yes, and not to OBSESS to much about placement of stuff on the pages. Really, does a centimeter one way or the other really matter?

Until later....

No comments:

Post a Comment