Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day Nineteen, and the End of the Road for the December Daily



Well, here we are in 2011, and this is my final page of the 2010 December Daily. My New Year's resolution this year was to be kind to myself, and so I am not upset that this album didn't end up being 31 pages. I mean, look at it. How could another 11 pages fit in this book anyway?!? By the way, Day Nineteen is made from a Santa from Crafty Secrets, a page from a book that is intended to be ripped up, snowflakes punched with a Quickutz, and bits and pieces I have hanging around.


I went through the book, and was amazed at the transformation from Day One to Day Twenty. At first, it was a very personal account, with photos, etc. By the end, it was me fooling around with different techniques, stamps and papers I wanted to try, with very little journaling.


This is what I learned. I only do a few interesting things in December, and the rest of the time I'm still working, doing laundry, and madly shopping, cooking, and getting ready for Christmas. I don't have little kids that do cute things (I rely on the cats and the dog for that), and the closer I get to the 25th, the less time I have to work on projects like this. By the time the Big Day is over and done, I am in no mood to be fussy cutting any more angels or Santa's.


So a December Daily is not for me. Unless it is a shortened version. I would consider making another, if I were proficient at using digital scrapbooking software. I was quite disappointed with my printer and the photos I printed out. I won't be doing that again any time soon. I already write in a daily journal, and I have a photo thing on my phone where I take a picture everyday (I've been doing so for 6 months, and it's fun, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing with them).


Maybe next year I'll finish the last 11 pages. Maybe not. For now, it's on to new projects. My next item on the agenda is a Basic Grey Calendar. I did one last year, and loved it. (Of course, I felt the need to ultra embelish it, and it took longer that it should have.) I'm going to use the photos from our trip last September.


When that is complete, I'll be back to a travel journal I started last June. It's a story about a trip to Revelstoke, B.C. in search of information on my ancestors. It's made with Graphic 45 papers, of course.
I think I will continue this blog. It has been quite an interesting experience, and I thank you all for your kind and encouraging comments. I read them all, at least twice.


Until next time, when I'll put up some photos of my journal,

Lesley






No comments:

Post a Comment