Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Procrastination Update

It is now mid January, and I am still working on my Basic Grey Calendar. I am stuck in August, which isn't such a bad place to be, because the weather is oh so much nicer there than it is here.

None the less, I am falling behind, and the wonderful pre-inventory/post Christmas SALES I have been frequenting haven't helped one bit. I am gathering more STUFF and wonderful IDEAS, with seemingly less and less time to complete these anticipated projects.

Last night, I went to my first of 4 POTTERY classes. My son gave me these as a Christmas gift, and I must admit I was a little intimidated by the idea of creating something from clay. I was further frightened on the first night by some of the ladies there who had done "wheel work", and were looking for "new ways of creative expression".

But then the instructor rolled out some clay, and brought out some STAMPS and starting stamping images into the clay..... and I felt right at home.

She said we could bring our own stamps from home, but I'm not too sure about getting clay in my precious stamps. We'll have to see. When I get something fired and glazed, I'll post a photo.

Until then, it's back to August....

No comments:

Post a Comment