Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Bullet Journals - An Old Idea in a New Age?

Bullet Journals - An Old Idea in a New Age

First of all, let me say that time flies, and I had gotten so busy with life that this poor blog has been neglected, and I'm sorry about that.  I've had many distractions, probably the most time consuming being Pintrest. 

And today I was there again, checking on what's new and exciting. What caught my eye was "bullet journaling".  What could this be? I had to know!  The word "journaling" is like a magnet to me!

Several hours and many, many pins later, I had my answer. It's pretty much a daily planner - on paper!  Plus you can make all kinds of lists and tables and trackers. If you have a "paper problem" like I do, this is another excuse to buy more journals, pens and washi tape and create to your heart's content. 

As I read, it occurred to me that not that many years ago, all we had were paper based planners. Then came the "electronic age", and computers, "Palm Pilots", cell phones and tablets, with built in calenders, reminders, lists and apps that led us to believe that paper was passé.  Oh yes, I admit I've had my fair share of electronic devices, but I've not had much luck with inputting dates and such. Mostly it seems like too much work, by the time I've found the edit button, edited the wrong day, fixed that, fought with autocorrect and then lost the date in the app somewhere....

How novel to be able to just pick up a pen (or pencil, or crayon or whatever) and just write down your date or list or event in your planner! And if you want to change or delete something, you can just erase it, or cross it out! And best of all, no autocorrect! (Pinterest has scads of autocorrect disasters!)

Well of course I felt I needed to jump on this bullet journaling bandwagon.  In fact I've already started.  I have a Moleskine journal that I was using for "event planning" (events like grocery shopping, packing lists, etc).  And I already have pens and pencils (how many and what kinds we won't discuss), and I might just have a roll or 2 (or 20) of washi tape around the house.....

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment