Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Saturday, July 20, 2013

More from the Travel Journal with the Leaning "L"

 Here are a few more pages from the travel journal of my last post.  Once again, these are made from Basic Grey "Wanderer" collection.  There is the odd bit of Graphic 45 papers, I just can't resist adding it!  The city skyline is made with my Silhouette.

I mentioned in my last post that I wished Tim would come out with Distress Markers in those yummy new colours he introduced recently.  Well, it appears my dreams have come true, because 12 new colours have been added!  You can bet I will be buying those as soon as they find their way to my local scrapbooking store!

On a personal note, I must admit I have not done anything creative in the last 2 weeks.  This is because my daughter was injured in a car accident, and most of my energy has been devoted to caring for her  as she recovers.  I walk into my scrapbooking room, and I have no desire to cut, glue or colour.  All I want to do is sit by her side, and thank God she is still alive.
                                                              
My daughter is a very active young woman, attending university, working, volunteering, dancing and hanging out with her friends.  It is so hard for her to be dependant on her dad and I for nearly all her needs.  Although she will recover, it seems forever in the future to her.  She is getting very bored at home, and today I mentioned to her that it might be fun to print up some of her photos from her last vacation and put them in an album. 

So tomorrow, that is what we will do.  I hope the happy memories cheer her, the beautiful papers we will use will lift her spirits, and the craft of
scrapbooking will become something she and I can share.

One thing is for sure, I have enough paper and stuff for both of us for the next 50 years!

Until next time.....



No comments:

Post a Comment