Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Friday, July 5, 2013

Basic Grey "Wanderer" Travel Journal


 My son recently went on a trip to New York and Boston, so of course I had to make him a travel journal to take along.  I don't know if he used it, or ever will, but it gave me an excuse to use up some of my Basic Grey stash.

Now I love BG, but I will say that sometimes the papers are a little tricky to use.  There is a LOT of colour going on.  And since this is a journal for a guy, I decided there would be no flowers and no lace.  Plus it had to lay flat, so no bulky embellishments.

The journal is bound using a Zutter Bind-It-All.  The lined pages were printed on my computer, then stamped with Tim Holtz stamps.  The clock face on the cover and the compass were cut using my Silhouette.  The quotes I found on various sites on the internet.  The journal measures 5 1/2" X 8 1/2.

Now I must apologize for the little "L" on the cover, it seems to be leaning.  Usually I glue letters down using one of those glue pens, but someone told me about using a tape runner on small pieces.  Obviously, this doesn't always work.  I think from now on I'll be "sticking" to my glue pen (no pun intended!)





No comments:

Post a Comment