Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Part 2 of the Bullet Journal Experiment

And so the saga continues....

After deciding I must set up my own bullet journal, I spent too much time looking at Pinterest and Instagram, checking out the many versions people have created.  And the same question kept coming up....

What the heck would I put in this journal?

Well, I am a list maker, so likely lists.  And I work, so probably my work schedule.  Appointments would be good.  And maybe birthdays, and any family parties or events.  I was on a roll!

I must admit, after watching Ryder Carroll's video on setting up the bullet journal, I was already changing up his version to suit my own needs.  For example, he suggests starting off with an index.  I am not doing this.  I know I won't keep it up.  I do like the "year at a glance" page, and I'm setting up the monthly page like he did... only with a bit of colour.

 
So I will admit right now, these layouts are ideas I got from Pinterest.  I saw those cute little day of the week boxes, and I just had to copy them.  Who knew a tiny black triangle could add so much?  I am sorry I cannot remember whose site I saw them on, so I cannot give credit. 

Now the next problem I'm having with this journal, are the "collections", things like gardening journals, books to read, and lists of UFO's (unfinished objects, of which I have many) to complete, etc.  These are things that I may still need to refer to, once the bullet journal is complete, and I've moved on to the next one (hopefully that happens, but we'll see). 

So I've decided to create a collections bullet journal as well.  This one will have an index.  And what better place to marry the two.... than in a Midori type journal!  Both can co-exist in the same journal, separate but together.  And when one is finished it can replaced, without disturbing the other.

Oh boy..........  Here we go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment