Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Now What? (or, How Does she get Anything Done?)

This was my desk a few days ago, as I was wildly finishing my BG calendar.  As you can see, when I'm working, things get messy.  I can't tell you how many times I lost my glasses in that jumble.

But now, it's done, and my workspace is clean (ish) again, and I am contemplating that age-old question that scrappers, quilters, knitters, cardmakers, etc. ask themselves whenever they finish a project.  NOW WHAT?

Do I start something new and exciting?  Or should I tackle one of my UFO's?  (For those of you who don't have any, because you never start another project until the current one is complete, UFO means "UnFinished Object".  I have several).

Usually, I take out all my UFO's, the kits I bought for "someday", and scribbles I've made about ANTICIPATED IDEAS, and make a decision from there.  This usually takes a few days of deliberation, because as you know, I have a few issues with decision making.  But I'm pleased to tell you that I am now working on my Mexico book again, with real hopes of finishing it THIS TIME.

Not that I wasn't tempted to start a new project that came to me a few weeks ago, and which I will tell you about.  I was shopping (who, me?) with my accomplice (I mean friend), when I came across a paper punch that I really wanted.  But wait - didn't I already have this one?  Or did I?  Now it could be that I am getting forgetful ( I am 50, so it could be happening), or maybe it's because I have too much stuff to keep track of.  I like to forget about my age, and think that I just have an abundance of fun stuff. 

Then I thought, Gee, I need a little book or something with all my Distress Ink colours, Copics, punches, etc in it so I don't have to 1) buy something I already have or 2) not buy something that I need because I don't know if I have it or not.

Then it hit me.  I could MAKE a little book, with all my lovely papers, and use my punches to edge the pages, and Distress them,  and colour some stamps with my Copics, and, and ......  Well you get the idea. 

Nope, I'm going to stick to Mexico, for now.
Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment