Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Thursday, January 19, 2012

BG Calendar Finished!

Yes, it's true, I have actually finished my Basic Grey calendar BEFORE the end of January. And here is December's page:

Now I do love BG, and all the lovely papers, but I gotta say, when they are designing these calendars, they should maybe leave out some of the cutsie sayings. Not everyone has photos of someone "tip-toeing through the tulips", or being "precious". This year, I was using photos that I took while we were on a Caribbean cruise with our children, and I must say, it was a bit of challenge to choose pictures that kind of went with the theme of the month.

When my husband was looking through the calendar, he stopped at October, which features him and my son about to go rock climbing. There is a caption that says, "I Pick You" above the photo.

"Why does it say that?" my husband asks. "I pick you for what?"

"I don't know, " I reply, "but the caption goes with that month. If I leave it off, there is a big blank space."

"Well it doesn't make any sense, " hubby insists. And I must agree, but I meekly suggest, "I pick you to go rock climbing with?"

(I suspect the folks at BG envisioned a photo of a cute little kid picking apples to take to the teacher on the first day of school).

Next on his criticism list is August. The photo is of our 2 adult children in front of a cruise ship we were on. "Why does it says "Friends"? They're not friends, they're relatives". (I could go on another tangent about that statement, but I won't). "The sticker goes with the page. And they are kind of friends, you know".

May: "Sunshine makes me Happy? " he queries. "Don't the kids look happy in that picture?" I counter.

So, Basic Grey, if you are listening (and I suspect you are not,) please leave out the sentiments, or at least give us choices. Either that, or I'm going to have to get some pictures of someone standing in my neighbour's tulip patch!

Until next time, when I may have cleaned off my desk, and started something new and exciting (rather than finishing off something old and no longer exciting,).......

No comments:

Post a Comment