Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Thursday, November 22, 2012

White Christmas

 Feeling guilty about having so much paper, including various Christmas papers, I decided to make my own Christmas cards this year.  However, knowing that most people just toss out their old cards, this gave me pause, imagining my creations in the blue box with old flyers and cereal boxes, or being used to light a fire, or in the garbage can next to the turkey carcass.  (Just for the record, I save any handmade cards I receive!)  Most people have no idea how much time or care goes into making things yourself!

With these thoughts in mind, I concluded that my cards would need
to:
1) Be quick to make
2) Use inexpensive materials
3) Not look quick and easy

I went onto the internet looking for inspiration, and saw quite a few designs for "white on white"  cards.  What a great idea!  Not only did I have white cardstock, it saved me from the AGONY of paper selection, plus it looks classy!   Luckily I had some green cardstock for the leaves, so I didn't have to leave the house to buy any additional supplies!  (Apart from the white ribbon, once I discovered I only had enough to make 4 cards). 

The background was stamped using a Stampin' Up embossing folder.  The poinsettia and label are both from Spellbinders.  The glimmer on the poinsettia leaves is Lumiere paint (pearl white), and centres are mico beads.

Of course, I still have all that Christmas paper left.....

No comments:

Post a Comment