Confessions and Obsessions of a Paper Crafter

Friday, April 15, 2011

Ah- Ha! v.s. Uh-oh!

Have you ever had one of those "Ah-ha!" moments, where things make sense, or you've figured out how to do something - it's usually a positive thing.

Or how about an "Uh-oh!" moment, when you suddenly realize things are not going according to plan, or you've made some blunder that's going to be tough to fix? Well, I had one of those "uh-oh" moments this week with my Caribbean gatefold album.

I was at an all day crop last weekend, and decided to work on the inner pages - "Stop stalling," I told myself, "and just get them done!" I think I may have mentioned that little voice before, and how it's never a good idea to listen to it urging me on to "just" do something. Anyway, I listened to myself, and glued some Bo Bunny paper onto the back of the Websters Pages (sounds crazy I know, but I was trying to tone down the loud patterning on the back of the Websters paper). It looked great. Then, once home, I realized my great faux pas. I had cut the Websters Pages the same size as the back cover. "So?" you ask. Well, I reply, this means the pages won't close as they are going to bump into the wire binding I plan to hold it all together! Now I have to trim off 3/8 " off each page, which is no big deal, except I have to make some decisions about which side to trim.... and you know how I am about decisions. Until I figure out what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment